Thursday, November 5, 2009

Teenage Tara's Teenage Poetry

Yep... that's me... at 17:)
I thought by posting a teenage picture of me it would give people a visual of myself at this time of my life.
Today I was going through out filing cabinet and came across my book of poetry. I was an avid writer at this age (still am, but I generally write essays these days;)). My favorite was poetry. I wrote enough poems to fill a few books. It was like a walk down memory lane reading my poems. It has been so long since I walked down that road! And my goodness I have changed.
Here are a few of my favorites.
*This first one was inspired by my first time getting my heart broken*

Do I Hurt?
By Tara Lynne
Yes I do.
But someday,
As by and by I go,
I will reminice and be happy.
For as I let in I changed for the better...
We'll say so.
As of now, a waste of time it seems.
But as one molded one, one molded the other.
As a child drops a toy,
Shattered pieces of molded shape,
It can be rebuilt.
Maybe a small difference in appearence,
But the general idea makes her happy again,
As I will be happy again
When I can honestly realize we cannot be forgotten
On either part;
As we grow together,
Older, Wiser,
Apart...
Untitled
By Tara Lynne
A butterfly flirting with the wind,
A delicate sunset.
The birth of vernal equinox.
These words, my eyes have met.
To view autumn painting all the leaves,
Then mold it into word;
And once read over I can still taste
The fall, not seen, but heard.
They form eternal pictures
For everyone to see.
Of a world within mine eye
Whence my poem they gracefully read.
Thus pondering this notion,
I have come to find...
'Tis not the earth so beautiful,
But the beholder's mind.
My Love
*Dedicated to Eddie*
By Tara Lynne
A love so pure a love so true
It glitters like the rain
And guilds the heart just like a creek;
Flows within the vein.
It seeps so deep within the soul;
Like a fog rolls o'er land.
That it can be sensed within a touch;
A slight brush of the hand.
A love so pure a love so true
It ignites the day at start.
And love tastes love in lover's kiss
As sweet nectar of the heart.
Idle Day's
By Tara Lynne
What shall come of these idle days
And the time wrapped up within?
What shall come of these glorious moments
In which lingering we have been?
Where will all these minutes go
When today becomes the morrow?
Will they be filled with wonderful life;
Or be passed along with sorrow?
What shall come of these idle days?
Let today live and tomorrow be.
What shall come of these glorious moments?
As we live so shall we see.
My poems... It's been a long time since I retraced by steps down memory lane. I don't even know why I stopped writing them... You'd think I have all of the inspiration in the world now. Who knows? Perhaps my artist died with puberty...

1 comment: